- July (2)
- Curry Pickles
- Panko Encrusted Risotto Balls with Sage Chips
- Pickles Update
- Preserved Lemons
- Rack of Lamb with Herbed Garlic Potato Salad, Mari...
- Kvass - The First Day
- Wild Fermentation - Sandor Katz
- Chipotle Chilli
- Nocino - The Beginning
- Kvass - Tasting
- The Luther
- Duck Maki Roll with Lumpfish roe, Candied Orange, ...
- Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, with Crispy Leeks and N...
- Duck Breast Salad with Arugula, Goats Cheese, and ...
- Once in a Lifetime Video
My Blog List
Sunday, August 21, 2011
9:46 AM | Posted by commiskaze | | Edit Post
A perfectly tasty salad which an abundance of flavours and textures. Im not going to go overly crazy with the description and recipe writing but I will give you the basics.
Duck Breast (scored)
Cook duck breast skin side down on a medium heat to render out all the fat, and leave you with a crispy skin. When skin is crisp give the meat side a quick sear and remove from heat. The arugula was dressed with a simple wildflower honey vinaigrette. Take about a 1/2 pint of blueberries, and two tbsp of sugar with just a touch of water. Bring to boil and let reduce to compote/jam like consistency. Put it all together and enjoy with a nice pinot.